Things to do in Amsterdam

Image
 Amsterdam Every year, to celebrate my birthday, I travel somewhere, in 2019 I went to Morocco , in 2020 to Israel and this year (2022) I decided to visit Amsterdam. It was a long time since I wanted to visit this city and there I have a friend that I wanted to see, so with these three points combined, I decided to visit Amsterdam in winter. I spent five days in Amsterdam and I visited the city plus some places outside like Zaanse Schans, Zandvoort and Haarlem. One important thing is that I forgot my camera so all the pictures were taken with my phone, maybe the quality is not high but I think they are anyway beautiful. Amsterdam is the capital and the most populous city of the Netherlands, with a population close to a million. It is colloquially referred to as the "Venice of the north" due to the large number of canals which form a UNESCO world heritage site since 2010. Amsterdam was founded at the Amstel, the city's name derives from the Amstel dam, originating as a sm

Kyrgyzstan Diaries #6

Кель-Суу

This week was probably the one that I enjoyed the most until now, but also realize that time is running and I have a few weeks before to leave. That means that I have to plan what to visit and what to do in my free time and work hard to reach our goals.


We want to use my coordinator's studio for the charity exhibition, so during this week we set up the place for it and took pro pictures of paints and sculptures that can take part in the event. Also this week people will come to check the place and give us some feedback.




We are continuing the brainstorming about the art therapy events, our first goal is to start the advertisement as soon as possible.

I visited a magical place near the border with China, a lake at 3500 m altitude. I left the city on Friday evening, travelled all night and reached the camp for breakfast. The all-night in a bus was a small sacrifice comparing the experience I have done in Kel Suu.
  




I have to say that I felt the altitude during the 7 km hike we did to reach the lake, high heart rate, sleepiness and a real difficulty to hike. We did several stops to take a rest, and take pictures, as you can see the weather was not the best as possible, cold and rainy. In the last picture, you can see yaks.




Kel Suu translated from Kyrgyz means "leaving water" because sometimes the water disappears leaking into underground caves. Fortunately, the lake was there in all its majesty. We had lunch, took several pictures and enjoy it even if the weather was not good.





The night at the camp was extremely cold, when I woke up the morning after, where there were shadows things were frozen, but in the yurt, I slept really well. I liked to see how people are used to living there, in extreme conditions, without tap water, with electricity only from solar panels and a satellite phone, ready to pack up their yurts and go to another place when winter will come. 




Comments

  1. That water body looks amazing! Lovely pictures. JamieAdStories

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrgyzstan Diaries #3

Things to do in Israel, Tel Aviv

Travel in Georgia, second part east Georgia | Travel blog

D