Things to do in Amsterdam

Image
 Amsterdam Every year, to celebrate my birthday, I travel somewhere, in 2019 I went to Morocco , in 2020 to Israel and this year (2022) I decided to visit Amsterdam. It was a long time since I wanted to visit this city and there I have a friend that I wanted to see, so with these three points combined, I decided to visit Amsterdam in winter. I spent five days in Amsterdam and I visited the city plus some places outside like Zaanse Schans, Zandvoort and Haarlem. One important thing is that I forgot my camera so all the pictures were taken with my phone, maybe the quality is not high but I think they are anyway beautiful. Amsterdam is the capital and the most populous city of the Netherlands, with a population close to a million. It is colloquially referred to as the "Venice of the north" due to the large number of canals which form a UNESCO world heritage site since 2010. Amsterdam was founded at the Amstel, the city's name derives from the Amstel dam, originating as a sm

Kyrgyzstan Diaries #5

 Бишкек

I had a week full of art, with my work we continue with meetings and planning for the project, plus in my free time, I did a walking tour focus on visiting the studios of local artists.
With my coordinator, we decided to move on two parallel projects: one is the charity exhibition, which was our main plan, I'm confident that before the end of this month there will be one, the second is a series of art therapy workshops for kids. We met an Argentinian girl that wants to help us, and I hope I will see the first one.
 

During the walking tour, I had a premiere of a new statue that will be arranged in the city centre soon, the one that now is there didn't get good feedback from the audience.
The artists we visited had studied in different cities of Russia (Moscow, S. Petersbourg) in the 90s, at that period the realism from the Soviet period was not relevant anymore and in search of their own style they came back to Kyrgyzstan.





Kyrgyz art is connected to nature, which has a big connection with the population here, usually, artists depict quiet villages where they have spent their childhood or where they were during a brainstorm with others, mountains, horses and traditional games.
We knew two artists that had more or less the same background stories, and it surprises me how excellent are their works and that their paints are in several international museums but still they are not famous as they deserve.
We visited "the grand emptiness museum", this artist has this idea that by "becoming empty" he can be every time fresh in the way to be focused on his art and his metaphysical and spiritual dimension. All space of his house museum is used to make art alive. 



Honestly, I don't understand this museum and what the artist wanted to say, I just found it weird and trashy, a lot of different things all together in the same place. But art is not my field, probably my scientific background wants to give a reason to everything.


This picture out of the context is to talk about my passion for abandoned places and my project to visit an abandoned village in Kyrgyzstan. I should be able to go to a village not far from Bishkek with a friend that knows the place and wants to pose, in the way to have a shooting there and take some portraits. I will update you about it.

Comments

  1. I love everything about this! I feel like the arts are so often overlooked and forgotten about in most areas of the world. To see people celebrating art in this way is really refreshing. I can't wait to hear more about it all and keep following your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!!! Thank you!! This comment melt my heart!! this is the comment I would always read! Thank you!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrgyzstan Diaries #3

Travel in Georgia, second part east Georgia | Travel blog

Things to do in Israel, Tel Aviv

D