Things to do in Amsterdam

Image
 Amsterdam Every year, to celebrate my birthday, I travel somewhere, in 2019 I went to Morocco , in 2020 to Israel and this year (2022) I decided to visit Amsterdam. It was a long time since I wanted to visit this city and there I have a friend that I wanted to see, so with these three points combined, I decided to visit Amsterdam in winter. I spent five days in Amsterdam and I visited the city plus some places outside like Zaanse Schans, Zandvoort and Haarlem. One important thing is that I forgot my camera so all the pictures were taken with my phone, maybe the quality is not high but I think they are anyway beautiful. Amsterdam is the capital and the most populous city of the Netherlands, with a population close to a million. It is colloquially referred to as the "Venice of the north" due to the large number of canals which form a UNESCO world heritage site since 2010. Amsterdam was founded at the Amstel, the city's name derives from the Amstel dam, originating as a sm

Things to do in Morocco, Essaouira, Agadir

Morocco

Back from the desert, we slept one night in Marrakesh and the day after we took a bus to Essaouira, where we stayed for one night and then travelled by another bus to Agadir, where our trip was ending.
I really enjoyed Essaouira, we should have stayed a day more, it's small but it needs at least 2 days; Agadir it's nice but the best part was our host: an open, curious, person that makes feel us pampered.
In this part of the trip, we understood how to use public transportation in Morocco, not the touristic busses but the local ones. We learned that we had to bargain for the price and that there is no timetable, just go there, decide a maximum price you want to pay and go.

Essaouira

White and blue

Essaouira is a city in the western part of Morocco on the Atlantic ocean, it's a strategic position made the importance of the city that was Portuguese till 1790, after it steps by step it became the first harbour in Morocco.
We arrived there in the first afternoon, and we loved it immediately, the atmosphere there is more relaxed than in Marrakesh. And these small streets with blue doors and windows are really Mediterranean even if we were on the ocean. 

City walls

We simple walked into the city and find a place where to eat some fish, we discovered that is possible to buy fresh fish at the harbour and go to a restaurant and ask to cook it.
After the meal, we discovered this place near the city walls and stayed there for the sunset.

Ocean

This series of pictures were taken between the harbour and the city walls. After the harbour, there is a beautiful shore, but we discovered it after the sunset, anyway this part, with these rocks, is nice and I could take nice pictures. 
I enjoyed the view, the breeze and the waves of the ocean.

Sunset

We wait there for the sunset, and after the one in the desert, this one was really good. 
Sitting on the rocks looking at the sea and simply doing nothing was a pleasure, after the rush days of the desert trip that relaxing was a necessity. We just discovered that Essaouira was the perfect place for it, small city, nice people, good food.
 

Shadows

There was a lot of people enjoying the sunset: kids playing, someone fishing, tourists and drug dealers looking for them. 
At one point we didn't know what to do, the place was nice, and a good source for pictures, but maybe we could have tried to see the sunset from another perspective.

Squala du port

I remember the exact moment I took this picture: the sunset was ending and we were the only ones left there, my friend was on the phone with her mother and I was trying to get the best from that circumstance.
The building on the left is the entrance of the harbour, we went there just after the call, and we knew a fisherman that showed us where to see the last part of the sunset, we had a nice talk with them and he told us a lot of interesting stories.

Waves

The day after in the early morning we tried to see the sunrise but the clouds didn't give us the opportunity. After breakfast went to see the city walls before going to Agadir. The weather was still bad, later in the day also rained.  
Essaouira city walls and medina are famous because in 1950 Orson Welles shot Othello there.

Agadir

Spilt

Agadir is in the south of Morocco, 4-5 hours by local busses from Essaouira. I don't have many pictures here because I had problems with the camera; this and the last one was taken with my phone.
In Agadir, we were hosted by a wonderful guy that gave us everything we needed, a lot of delicious food and hints of where to go and how. We shared a lot of experiences, and he showed and let us try traditional Amazigh wedding dresses. 
 

Sunset on the beach

We saw another sunset on the beach, I took this picture with my camera and the funny story is that I had problems with the memory card: I had space only for one picture, then every time I had to decide what to keep and what to delete to get another shot. I think I did 3 or 4 attempts before this one.

Oufella

On the last day, we went up to the Oufella to see the city's landscape and the old Agadir's ruins. 
The picture is really ugly and it is not giving respect to the view but is possible to see the harbour, the beach and the rich part of the city, more in the south there is the popular part, for sure less fancy and touristic, but not less beautiful.

Comments

  1. These pictures are beyond beautiful! Morocco is simply beautiful.

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Morocco!
      I checked your blog, really good!!

      Delete
  2. Love the dramatic sunset. All of your photos are stunning. Thanks for sharing these places In Morocco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures! I actually really love the picture of Oufella, and the sunset of course! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos of the sunset! Morocco is definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Yes one of my favourite place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sky is so beautiful in your pictures😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sunset photos are gorgeous! Love a good sunset on a coast 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! One of the best sunsets I saw!

      Delete
  8. Amazing pictures!! So AWESOME!

    MagicandBliss | https://magicandbliss.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these locations look so picturesque! My sister went to Morocco a few years ago and raved about it. I can't wait to be able to travel again!

    Rosie

    loverosiee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fall in love with Morocco! An amazing country! thank you for the comment, if you want I have other 2 post about Morocco: Marrakesh and the desert.

      https://ionlytakepics.blogspot.com/2020/04/morocco-1st-part-marrakesh.html

      https://ionlytakepics.blogspot.com/2020/05/morocco-2nd-part-merzouga.html

      Delete
  10. Interesting narrative and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. I especially like the sunsets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrgyzstan Diaries #3

Things to do in Israel, Tel Aviv

Things to do in Istanbul, Turkish wedding | Travel Blog

D