Things to do in Amsterdam

Image
 Amsterdam Every year, to celebrate my birthday, I travel somewhere, in 2019 I went to Morocco , in 2020 to Israel and this year (2022) I decided to visit Amsterdam. It was a long time since I wanted to visit this city and there I have a friend that I wanted to see, so with these three points combined, I decided to visit Amsterdam in winter. I spent five days in Amsterdam and I visited the city plus some places outside like Zaanse Schans, Zandvoort and Haarlem. One important thing is that I forgot my camera so all the pictures were taken with my phone, maybe the quality is not high but I think they are anyway beautiful. Amsterdam is the capital and the most populous city of the Netherlands, with a population close to a million. It is colloquially referred to as the "Venice of the north" due to the large number of canals which form a UNESCO world heritage site since 2010. Amsterdam was founded at the Amstel, the city's name derives from the Amstel dam, originating as a sm

Korea-Japan 7th part Osaka

Osaka


To be honest, I didn't enjoy this city, probably because I was really tired, it was almost a month that I was travelling, and I was looking forward to see Kyoto, which everyone said was amazing.
Doesn't mean that Osaka didn't give me the opportunity to know nice people, visit beautiful places and learn something.

Imperial castle


 School trip

The first thing I visited in Osaka was the castle; it was really crowded, probably because it was a Saturday. There was foreign and Japanese tourists, but also students: I like to photograph Japanese students because of the uniforms, and because they are tidy.



Nel blu dipinto di blu

The Osaka Castle is an important symbol in Japan: it was built in 1583 by the shogun Toyotomi Hideyoshi, who unified the country. But during the civil war of 1615 it burnt down. It was then rebuilt during the reign of the Tokugawa clan (1603 - 1867). The most of the castle's structures burnt down again in 1868 due to another fire. The current version of the castle was completed in 1931. 
Restoration and rebuilding continued after that, resulting in today's vast historical park.
The castle is surrounded by a huge park, where you can enter for free and find a lot of runners, it's a cool place for running. 

To infinity... and beyond


 Skyline

From the top of the castle tower (tenshukaku), that is a museum, is possible to have a 360° view of Osaka. It's really beautiful to see how big is the park around tenshukaku and after it the skyline made by skyscrapers.
From this point of view Osaka is like a small Tokyo.

Umeda

 Meeting point

Umeda is Osaka city centre, where there are the two main stations (really big stations!), restaurants and night life with Karaoke clubs (Japanese are crazy for that), game rooms (vendig machine games) and shops. Umeda railway station is also a meeting point for young people, as you can see from the picture.

Minoo Park

 Countryside

Far form downtown Osaka, 30 min by train, on the north, there is Minoo park. It isn't a conventional park, it is more a forest with a 3 km path. 
It is one of the oldest national park in Japan, and it is a nice way to escape from the city! I really enjoyed the nature and the relax that the place gave it to me.


 Maple leaves

The park is famous for the maple trees, and I was there in the perfect time to see the leaves turning red, magnificent!.
A characteristic thing you can find here is the fried maple leave! yes they fried maple leaves, and they are delicious! A must!

 My model

What I like to do when I'm around with my camera is to find someone to follow and photograph him/her: find my model.
During this 3 km walk in the park I found this girl with a yellow hat, I liked her outfit and the fact she had a camera too. I followed her as much as I could and took some picture, like this one.


 The waterfall

Minoo waterfall is the main attraction of the park, it is at the end of the path. 
It was really crowded, and there I lost my model, but I was able to take some pictures and enjoy the atmosphere.


 Discover the world

I went down to the creek to had a bit of relax, there was a lot of people enjoying the sound of the water and the the cool air. 
A lot of kids where playing there, jumping on the stones or throwing rocks, one of this was really active and curious: his father needed to be really careful, no relax for him!.


 At the temple

Going back from the waterfall, I stopped to see some temples, in one of these I found a family praying. Girl's skirt caught my attention, it reminds me carnival in Italy, it was out of context; but maybe I was just seeing the temple like a church with its dress code.


The holy bridge

In the park there are a lot of temples, the one in the picture is the Minooyama Ryuanji temple. Unfortunately it was under restoration, so I could only take this picture; I love this red bridge and the prospective from it, it's like the way to the holiness, it says: "cross me and you will reach the holy land". 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the intricate details and yes, you are an excellent blogger. Such a wonderful blog it is, especially for a person like me who loves travelling. It binged my quarantine blues but bought the craving for such views. here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! these are the comments that makes me smile and feel proud of me!

      Delete
  3. This was really interesting, I loved the photos of the skyline buildings! My husband & I have been doing more traveling the past few years. Once COVID-19 is over, we hope to do much more and Japan is on our list! We love visiting gardens, too. I had never heard of friend maple leaves - are they prepared in a way that makes them savory or sweet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Really nice comment! I hope I will be able to travel in Asia again soon! I have other posts about Japan, I travelled there 1 month. The fried maple leaves are savory!

      Delete
  4. I have always wanted to see Japan and you are helping me with your wonderful posts! I love the skirt on that little girl (it really stands out) and how you say you followed the woman with the yellow hat. Beautiful photos of this lovely city. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fantastic place. The skyline looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit Japan one day & the photos you took in Osaka are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live about 30 minutes away by bullet train from Osaka and been there many times. My favorite part of the prefecture is Suita because I love the expo park.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I checked and looks really nice! When I will visit again Japan I will consider it! Thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kyrgyzstan Diaries #3

Things to do in Israel, Tel Aviv

Things to do in Istanbul, Turkish wedding | Travel Blog

D